Summit Camp

Summit Camp
Live image at Summit Greenland

Conditions for this week

Conditions for this week

Monday, July 11, 2011

Halfway Home

Looking back on the first part of my time at Summit, the experience thus far has expanded my views and has been a wonderful learning experience.

On the flip side I seem to be hitting the point where I am missing my life in Madison on a deeper level. I am certainly not complaining about my ability to have this summer adventure, yet I'm sure it is necessary to acknowledge where the grass is greener. Speaking of which, I miss the green grass and tranquil sunsets after a hot summer day, a cold beer on the terrace, or a contemplative stroll though the woods of a local park.

While these sensory experiences are missed, there is a deeper nostalgia for being a part of a family. My wife and I have shared a lot during our time in Madison, and it is the little things that add up to create the whole. From cooking new dishes made from local veggies grown at our friend's CSA to saying good morning to Huxley as she motivates off the couch. As a family we have created a place to call home that is welcoming, healthy and supportive. I've missed this all along but as the halfway point approaches this Thursday, I have found myself pining more than usual.

I know I will make the most of the second half of the Greenland experience but I can't help but think about warm embraces, green trees, and Sunday naps on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting Post Right Here. One Thing I Would Like To Say Is The Fact Most Professional Domains Consider The Bachelor Degree Like Thejust Like The Entry Level Requirement For An Online Education. Whilst Associate College Diplomas Are A Great Way To Begin, Completing Your Bachelors Uncovers Many Entrance Doors To Various Professions, There Are Numerous Online Bachelor Diploma Programs Available Through Institutions Like The University Of Phoenix, Intercontinental University Online And Kaplan. Another Issue Is That Many Brick And Mortar Institutions Offer You Online Editions Of Their Degree Programs But Often For A Considerably Higher Amount Of Money Than The Organizations That Specialize In Online Qualification Plans. page

    ReplyDelete